Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Hey!!!

So I have completely changed my approach on this project. I have been having a lot of second thoughts about what I was doing and although I think the movie/documentary would and still could be a cool concept I don't think it really fits so much in a creative writing class.

I do want to keep my theme in film though, I just think I might focus on the writing side. I want to write some sort of screenplay for this idea of power and make something of my own, with my own words. If I stayed with the documentary side then I would have been taking others words and merely editing, something that won't really push me in my capstone.

I want to have a new topic of power as well. Now I am thinking the power of control or happiness in life. What is true happiness and how can it be found in life? I think that a lot of people focus on what society says happiness is whether it is money, family or success. Figuring this out, and discovering how it is different for us all is something that I want to explore. I want to create a screenplay about several different characters each with a different quest for true happiness.

Today I wrote about 15 pages of the screenplay and I am going to email it to the class because this blog won't let me post pdf files...I don't think it would be easy to read on the blog because it moves away from the screenplay format and gets pretty clustered! So feel free to open the attachment that I send the whole class and check out what I've been working on...I'd love to hear your thoughts!


Thanks, Joey

1 comment:

  1. Hey Joey, I really like and appreciate the idea of a screen play. I haven't read it yet, but the idea in itself is nicely original.

    I am also quite infatuated with script writing and really look forward to reading your work. I love the script idea because theater is all about relationships and I think this is a fantastic medium for projecting power issues and relationships.

    As I mentioned to Olivia in an earlier post that there is a saying that states that the one who loves the least controls the relationship. This is a statement of control to me. The one who seeks control or power over sacrifice of self and regard for the other will seek to control more vigorously than the other. Poetry, short fiction, even music are all great media for exploring power relationships, but the script really sets it all out there on the table in a very straight forward fashion.

    ReplyDelete