Sunday, November 15, 2009

Electric Afterlife

Do computers go to heaven?


...because mine is officially dead. It froze up Friday and now every time I turn it on it tells me I'm missing a vital operating file. (Windows\System32\config\system). Apparently I need to reinstall the operating software via my XP CD... which I don't have. >_<

Seeing as all my work for all my classes is holed away inside, I'm in a bit of a panic.
I'm not sure if it's my turn to post or not (I'm seeing that there's some confusion on the issue)
but I'll throw up some material anyway.

Also - I'm noticing my posts tend to be long, semi-sane rants.
Apologies; this one will be short, just three quick pics:


2 comments:

  1. Incredible...I've seen your drawings before, so I expected nothing less, but this is truly amazing. I love the fact that you're drawing on your experiences with the Drop Inn for character inspiration. There were certainly a lot of interesting faces...

    I would like to see more of the mechanics of the "cyberflora." You say that the city siphons off electricity from its roots...I wanted to see that mechanism. I wanted to see more of the intersection between nature and mechanism. Though I do think that you captured a sort of "unnatural natural" in your sketch of the tree. Very cool.

    I can't wait to see the finished project!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry I haven't been following your previous posts, I wish I had. These drawings are amazing. I am amazed at how realistic your characters look. Lucy looks like a photograph. So I'm guessing that you are writing a story and these pictures will be encorporated throughout? This is a very effective way of capturing what you are thinking. It reminds me of "Blood and Guts in Highschool," with the pictures playing as much a part as the words. You have a gift, and I can't wait to see how this all turns out.

    ReplyDelete